Avondale Elementary School District No. 44
Voting without knowing what's on your ballot is like lighting your money on fire.
Aren’t Avondale Elementary School Teachers underpaid?
Avondale Elementary pays an average annual salary of $55,463 to teachers. The average annual salary in Avondale is $57,000.
School officials claim there will be no new taxes. Is this accurate?
- Once any outstanding Bonds and Overrides are repaid, you won't have to continue paying Secondary property taxes related to the bond.
- If the measure passes, the current Secondary tax rates will remain the same; however;
- If the measure passes, the total amount of taxes paid will likely go higher if there is continued inflation related to property values.
How has more funding impacted Avondale Elementary School District?
Comparing to the 2018-2019 School Year Performance to the 2021-2022 School Year Performance
- Drop Out Rate Skyrocketed by over 9 Times from 0.64% to 5.94%
- Drop in Enrollment of 68 Students [Over 1% Drop]
- 16% Drop in Math Proficiency - 6% Drop in English Proficiency
- Total Students with Chronic Absenteeism Nearly Doubled from 1,234 to 2,389 [Over 41% of Enrolled Students]
- Reported Instances of Violence Decreased from 301 to 263 [Nearly 1.5 Instances per Day Based on a 180 Day Arizonan School Year]
- Total Students Reported as Harassed or Bullied Decreased from 6 to 0
What are the significant dates for the election?
- If you aren't already registered to vote, the last day to register in order to be eligible to vote in this election is Tuesday, October 10th, 2023.
Check your voter registration status at ezaz.org/vote
- Ballots will be mailed on October 11, 2023. The last day to request early ballot October 27
- VOTED BALLOTS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 7 p.m., November 7th. MAIL ballots by October 31st.
I’m renting. Why should I care about this election?
- If the bond measure is defeated, your landlord’s taxes will go down and could mitigate future rent increases.
- Irrespective of being a property owner, we all want to see the kids receive a quality education.
Is Avondale Elementary School District underfunded?
Avondale Elementary School spends $12,104 per student per year.
What policies did Avondale Elementary School District implement with my tax dollars?
- Has at least 1 teacher who has signed a pledge to teach Critical Race Theory (CRT) and all other social justice-oriented curriculum to children, regardless of the law or the wishes of parents. - SOURCE
- Critical Race Theory teaches that systemic racism is part of American society - from education and housing to employment and healthcare. - SOURCE
- Dedicated to teaching Equity - SOURCE
- Equity teaches people and children that there is systemic racism, they are entitled to reparations and more because of the color of their skin. - SOURCE
What are taxpayers in the Avondale Elementary School District being asked?
Voters will be asked to say yes or no on one measure:
- The sale of $75 million in new bonds
What does Avondale Elementary School District intend to use the additional funds for?
• Safety and security enhancements
• Facility renovations and upgrades
• Technology infrastructure and equipment updates
• Transportation improvements
• Land and facility purchase for new school
If the bond fails, how will my taxes be affected?
Once any outstanding Bonds and Overrides are repaid, you won't have to continue paying Secondary property taxes related to the bond.
What is a bond election?
It is a vote by the public to allow the School District to issue more debt for projects. The $75 million in bonds is NOT a continuation and is a separate item on the property tax statement.
Aren’t Avondale Elementary schools doing a good job?
- 34% of students are proficient or highly proficient at English Language Arts
- 27% of students are proficient or highly proficient at Math
Who can vote in this election?
All registered voters that reside in the Avondale Elementary School District will receive a ballot by mail with voting instructions in the envelope.
What are the current tax rates for the bond?
- The estimated average annual tax rate for the proposed bond authorization is $0.48 per $100 of net assessed valuation used for secondary property tax purposes.
- Shows up on your tax bill as secondary property tax.
- Property taxes combined add up to thousands of dollars!
What is the upcoming election about?
Avondale Elementary School District is asking to sell $75 Million dollars in bonds.
The information above may have been compiled from the following additional sources:
Arizona School Report Cards (https://azreportcards.azed.gov/)
Center Square Website (https://www.thecentersquare.com)
Arizona Joint Legislative Budget Council (https://www.azjlbc.gov/)
Arizona Auditor General (azauditor.gov)
Zippia Website (zippia.com)
Maricopa County Treasurer (https://treasurer.maricopa.gov/Parcel/TaxBill.aspx)
Please Note: EZAZ.org takes no position for or against the items on your ballot. Vote your conscience.