Phoenix Union High School District
EZAZ.org provides voter education and does not endorse candidates.
1. Are you a precinct committeeman? If yes, for how long?
Yes, for almost 1 year
2. Tell us a bit about yourself. What made you run for school board?
The rampant liberal sophistry indoctrinating children in public schools made me run for school governing board.
3. Do you support sexual education of children in the classroom? At what age do you believe this is appropriate, and do you believe that a parent should have the opportunity to opt out?
Parents, not schools, should teach this to their children. Parents have a right to opt their children out of such classes in schools.
4. Do you support the idea of parents being the sole stakeholders in their children’s lives?
5. What is your position on critical race theory, social-emotional learning, LGBTQ inclusion, and equity issues in the classroom? What do you know of Bloom365 and Corwin Press and what are your opinions?
These ideologies have nothing to do with real academics.
6. Based on the limitations and powers of a school board member, what’s your platform?
As a school board member, he will promote STEM programs and ensure taxpayer money is spent efficiently and only on what will improve instructional quality.
7. What do you believe to be the biggest issue impacting K-12 students in Arizona?
The inability or unwillingness to read good books cover-to-cover, which results in an apathy for learning, is the biggest issue. We need to foster a love of books in our students.
8. How do you think the state should support public education? Do you believe in expanding school vouchers?
Parents have a fundamental and inalienable right over the education of their own children.
9. Do you have a plan to fund renovations of schools in your area that are run down?
Such renovations should take precedence over buying the latest electronic gadgets.
10. Do you have a plan to address the shortage of teachers?
Make it easier for non-teachers to become teachers without requiring years of college education. Teachers should be paid more, and there should be fewer administrators.
11. Do you support allowing retired military or police officers, who pass background checks, to work or volunteer in our schools to prevent mass shootings?
12. Please feel free to add any additional information you would like voters to know about your candidacy.
campaign website: https://aversa.vote/